Smartwatches are the new technology compared to the regular quartz watches we’re used for more than a year. They offer tons of smart features that can help you have an easier lifestyle, that’s for sure. But the classic and traditional watches never lose their appeal to the people who have a classy sense of timepieces. If you’re planning to get a new watch, you’ll get into a dilemma between a smartwatch vs regular watch.
Both of them have their field of appeal, especially when using the watch for a long period. Even if you have a smartwatch, you need a regular watch too, that’s where the regular timepieces have the glory. Stick to the article to get through what set them apart and which one you should go for.
Table Of Content:
Here are the quick navigation links that will guide you to the different sections of the article that you might are interested in:
- Smartwatch Vs Regular Watch: What Is The Difference?
- My Opinion: Which Is Better Smartwatch Or Regular Watch
Follow this comparison chart for the watches we’ve selected to review from both the types in the article:
Smartwatch Vs Regular Watch: What Is The Difference?
Choosing between the Smartwatch vs regular watch depends on the benefits they offer and how they work. Depending on what benefits your personality suits the most, you can select the proper type. Here, I will get you all the necessary information about both the watch types:
Smartwatches are trending now; they come with computing technology on your wrist, capable of pretty much anything a phone does. They connect to the internet, have wifi, Bluetooth to connect to your smartphone as well. Whenever you get a call, message, or a notification from an app, the watch will notify you, show you with a display. You will have GPS tracking technology in them along with health trackers, such as step counter, heart rate monitor, calorie calculation, and so on.
Advantages Of Having A Smartwatch
Using a smartwatch comes with tons of benefits that you can advantage to live a smart and active life, such as:
- Smartwatches have the capability of giving you the feeling of new watches every day as you can use different watch faces.
- They can give you the time of any place in the world simultaneously on the digital screen, and you can interact with it as well.
- With the GPS devices in a smartwatch, you can navigate in a remote area without having to hold your phone on your hand inconveniently.
- The watch will connect to your smartphone and help you control music, handle calls, and notifications right on your wrist.
- You can track your health issues like heart rate, calorie burn, step counting, distance passed, and many more with a smartwatch.
1. Fitbit Versa 2 Health and Fitness Smartwatch with Heart Rate, Music, Alexa Built-In
The Fitbit Versa 2 smartwatch comes with the Amazon Alexa controller built-in for interacting with it using your voice. Its smart health tracker can track your sleep quality and time, heart rate, blood pressure, calorie burn, and so on to keep you healthy.
You can connect it to your phone through Bluetooth with the Fitbit app to track 24/7 using the large always-on display. It allows you to control music on your phone, get calls and apps and interact as well, such as sending quick replies or voices.
It comes with an impressive 6-days long battery life when all the features are turned on, including the always-on display. You can use its different workout modes using smart sleep, swim, and paddle tracker to get better health routines.
Fitbit Versa 2 Health Features:
- This Smartwatch has Amazon Alexa voice control compatibility built-in for interactions.
- It comes with smart health trackers like heart rate monitoring, step counter, and so on.
- The smart controller feature of this watch helps you control your Spotify or music built-in.
- It has the always-on feature for the display, which tracks and keeps on 24/7.
- You’ll get over 6 days of battery backup with a single charge.
About Regular Watch
Although the smartwatches may seem very appealing, the regular mechanical watches still have charm. The traditional way to keep time is to wear a mechanical watch, and the smartwatches couldn’t beat them for so many reasons. With the intense level of engineering, rotors, physical movements, and classy vibes, keep the mechanical watches on top all the time. Even if you have a smartwatch, you cannot deny the importance of having a regular watch.
Benefits Of Having A Regular Watch
Getting a regular mechanical watch instead of a smartwatch in this era of technology still has a great appeal with greater benefits, such as:
- Regular wristwatches don’t need batteries to run, which helps you stay out of fear that the watch would die.
- A regular watch’s engineering and mechanical feeling can never be fulfilled with a smartwatch on your hand.
- A regular watch will serve the main purpose of having a watch, keeping time for you, which should be the main criteria.
- If you’re a professional like a pilot, businessman, stockbroker, veteran, you’re incomplete without a mechanical watch.
- With a regular wristwatch, you get more confidence in working without getting distracted, which is true for smartwatches.
2. TICCI Unisex Men Women Medical Quartz Watch Arabic Numerals Military Time
This unisex watch from Ticci comes with Japanese quartz movements with highly precise timekeeping capability. It has a low-profile dial with a highly visible monochrome finish to help you read the dial easily without eye strain.
It’s 100% waterproof for up to 99 feet(30 meters) underwater; so, keeping it clean and wearing it anywhere is fairly easy. The highly durable silicon bands are super comfortable and don’t have any allergens on the build material.
You’ll get a unique dial design with multiple readings in three layers that can help you get precise time. It will help doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals read the patient’s pulse precisely.
TICCI Unisex Men Features:
- This watch comes with a two-color dial with a highly-visible numerals multiple reading.
- You’ll be able to use it underwater up to 30 meters as it has a waterproof design.
- It has different time dials with precise reading, especially for medical professionals.
- The bands of the watch are highly durable and made with 100% safe white silicon.
- Its movement is super-accurate Japanese quartz technology to give you precise time.
My Opinion: Which Is Better Smartwatch Or Regular Watch
Getting the right type of watch requires you to clarify your perspective and need for the watch in the first place. If you need a more professional look, feel, and precise dependency, you should go for the regular watch. However, if you’re more prominent with smart technologies and have no problems charging it every few days, getting the Smartwatch will be a better decision.
Frequently Asked Question
Here are the most frequent questions asked about watches that you might have an interest in:
Can Smartwatch work without phone?
Yes, smartwatches work with or without a phone connected to the watch.
Can you text on a smartwatch?
With some smartwatches, yes, you can write text on the screen.
Is it OK to wear two watches?
Yes, you can wear two watches, but you shouldn’t wear them both at the same time.
Using a classic, regular watch instead of a smartwatch in this era of technology can be overwhelming. After reading this guide for both the Smartwatch vs regular watch, I hope you’ve selected the one you’re going with.
However, if you need an expert suggestion for a smart solution for all, I’d suggest you get the Smartwatch. You can run a week with a single charge with this watch and track all your health issues effortlessly. It also allows you to control your smart home devices with Amazon Alexa built-in.