Modern smartwatches are taking over the wrists, yet some people cannot leave the traditional watches. Smartwatches are amazingly taking the advancements of technology, and they connect to the internet. However, for the people who want to upgrade to smartwatches but want to stick to the traditional designs, hybrid watches are here for them.
With some modern features, hybrid watches can resemble smartwatches but cannot replace them. So, the biggest question between smartwatch vs hybrid smartwatch becomes, which one should you go for? Please stick to the article as I get you through them and help you decide which one to go with.
Table Of Content:
Follow these quick links to navigate through the article featuring the necessary part you’re interested in:
- Smartwatch Vs Hybrid Smartwatch: What Is The Difference?
- My Opinion: Which Is Better Smartwatch Or Hybrid Smartwatch
Here is a quick comparison list to understand the differences for both the watch types we’ve selected to review:
Smartwatch Vs Hybrid Smartwatch: What Is The Difference?
When it comes to selecting between the smartwatch vs hybrid smartwatch, it becomes confusing because they both have smart features. However, here are how they work and what benefits they offer, it can help you decide which one to go with:
Smartwatches speak for their names, and they come with modern technologies in them. They have touch displays, connect to the internet, have Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, and so on. You can make voice commands with them, get alerts for calls and messages, set alarms, set different faces, control your phone with it. A smartwatch will also track your body condition, blood pressure level, how many calories you’ve burned, how many steps you took, and so on. It will connect with your phone over Bluetooth and help you live the smartest lifestyle possible.
Benefits Of Having A Smartwatch
The benefits of using a smartwatch would have an endless list; here are the most beneficial aspects of using one:
- The apparent advantage of smartwatches is giving you time, and the extra is that you can get any place’s time on your wrist in the world.
- The second most useful benefit of using a smartwatch is setting alarms with both sound and vibration on your hand for waking you up.
- Smartwatches will connect to your phone and show you incoming calls and messages notifications along with calendar reminders.
- You can navigate with online maps like apple or google map right on your smartwatch without having to take your mobile phone.
- The smartwatch will give you health benefits like heart rate monitor, step counter, calorie burning monitor, blood pressure, fall detection, and so on.
1. Letsfit Smart Watch, Fitness Tracker with Heart Rate Monitor
This smartwatch from Letsfit comes with a 1.3-inch touchscreen panel to show time and notifications in a vivid color rating. Its IP68 rating makes it completely waterproof and dustproof to make it compatible in any situation like sports.
For sports, you’ll get multiple types of activity modes like Bike, Run, Yoga, Hike, Walk, and so on. It will track your heart rate, blood pressure, count your steps and give you GPS tracking. You can also get calls and messages on your phone on this watch.
It has Bluetooth 4.0 for controlling things like receiving calls, controlling music for both iOS and Android to connect it with a phone. The backup will give you 10 days of use and up to 40 days of standby time with a smart magnetic charger.
Letsfit Smart Watch Features:
- This smartwatch will connect to any smartphone with ios or Android via Bluetooth 4.0.
- It has an IP68 rating for water and dust resistance, compatible with swimming or sports.
- You can monitor your health with it, including step count, blood pressure, heart rate, etc.
- It comes with 30-40 days of standby and 10 days of use time with a magnetic charger.
- The watch can control calls, SMS, apps notifications, music with its 1.3-inch Display.
About Hybrid Watch
A hybrid watch is a composition of a regular watch and a smartwatch that looks like a regular one but has smart features. It can connect to a smartphone, control things like music, receiving calls, and get health readings. They don’t come with LED displays to show the readings; you have to get the result on your smartphone. You’ll get the traditional quartz movements from them and customize the button for different functions.
Benefits Of Having A Hybrid Smartwatch
Unlike smartwatches, the hybrid watches come with a traditional design, yet with some impressive benefits, such as:
- You’ll get a much better classic, an esthetic appearance from a hybrid watch that you cannot have from a smartwatch.
- It will read your health readings like blood pressure, step count, calorie-burning calculation, and so on.
- You’re getting all the benefits of a smartwatch, only without the smart Display; instead, you can stick to the tradition.
- They come with vibration motors with haptic feedback to give you updates about a call or message notification.
- With hybrid watches, you’ll get both with button cell batteries that last for months or rechargeable ones like smartwatches as well.
2. Garmin vívomove HR, Hybrid Smartwatch for Men and Women, Black/Black, Large
The Garmin hybrid smartwatch comes with a stress monitor that reads your physical stress level and lets you know when to take a break. With smart features like a heart rate sensor, blood pressure, sleep monitor, step counter, you can stay fit and sharp.
You will get an on-watch illuminated monitor for showing the readings, yet it comes with a traditional quartz movement upfront. It connects with your phone over Bluetooth, controls music, lets you know if you have a call or apps notifications.
Unlike other hybrid watches, it has a rechargeable battery to have the facility to never open it up for battery replacement. This hybrid watch battery runs for 5 days in smartwatch mode; while in watch mode, it can run you up to 2 weeks more.
Garmin vívomove Features:
- This hybrid watch can connect with any smartphone over Bluetooth and show readings.
- You can control music, get a call, SMS, and apps notifications with this watch.
- It has a traditional quartz face but has an illuminated transparent display to show results.
- With the stress monitor, it also has the step, calorie, distance, heart rate monitor.
- You’ll get 5 days of battery backup in smart mode and up to 2 weeks more for only watch mode.
My Opinion: Which Is Better Smartwatch Or Hybrid Smartwatch
When it comes to deciding the right watch, it depends on what you need the most and what suits your personality. If you’re a person with a fascination for smartwatches with displays that can give you multiple watch faces, go for the smartwatch. However, if you love the traditional quartz movement but need the modern features, the hybrid watch will do the charm.
Frequently Asked Question
Here are the most frequent queries about smartwatches and hybrid watches you may want to know about:
Does a smartwatch need a SIM card?
No, smartwatches work with wifi and Bluetooth connectivity, paired with a smartphone.
Does a smartwatch need a data plan?
No, no smartwatch will need you to have a data plan as it grabs it from your phone.
Is hybrid smartwatch waterproof?
Yes, hybrid smartwatches come waterproof also, like smartwatches.
Deciding the right type of watch requires you to know what they offer, now you know them well. After getting through the in-depth detailing between the smartwatch vs hybrid smartwatch, I hope you have decided which one you’re going with. However, if you want my opinion regarding the best option overall, I’d suggest you get the hybrid watch.
It can help you have both the modern smart features without sacrificing the traditional esthetics. You’ll still get an illuminated display for the health readings and Bluetooth connectivity. You can control music, get notifications, and get a rechargeable battery with an impressive backup time.