In this modern world, most people use a smartwatch because it works almost the same way as a smartphone. There are varieties of smartwatches available on the market. Maximum of them come with built-in SIM functionality. Just like a smartphone, it lets you manage text messages and calls, and much more. To make your smartwatch an alternative to a smartphone, first, you need to know How to Activate SIM Card for Smartwatch.
Basically, the activation of a SIM Card on a Smartwatch is an easy task. Firstly, you have to know what type of smartwatch you are using and which connectivity software is supported by your smartwatch. Then insert the SIM card accurately on your smartwatch and activate it. Most smartwatch users don’t know how they can make it. Don’t despair, In this article, we will describe all the feasible ways to insert and activate a SIM card for your smartwatch.
- What Is a SIM Card for a Smartwatch?
- What You’ll Look for Before Activating a SIM Card on a Smartwatch?
- Process Of Inserting SIM Card For Smartwatch
- How to Activate a SIM Card for Smartwatch?
What Is a SIM Card for a Smartwatch?
SIM card is one kind of microchip that is used to identify the users.SIM stands for subscriber identity module and comes in different sizes like micro-SIM, nano-SIM, and mini-SIM. These SIM cards enable the smartwatch to access the cellular connection. It also gives the opportunity to make and receive calls and messages. Besides, the smartwatch-like letsfit Smartwatch for Nurses also enables users to get all notifications and messages on their wrist
What You’ll Look for Before Activating a SIM Card on a Smartwatch?
There are a few things you have to check before beginning the insertion and activation process. Below we have placed the things you should pay attention to.
- First, you have to check the battery level of your smartwatch. In case the battery falls, the procedure will be disrupted.
- Check the SIM card compatible that is fitted with your smartwatch. Basically, most watches come with Nano card types but there are also micro-sized SIM sizes.
- If the size is not compatible, then contact your network service provider or cut your SIM according to your slot size. Moreover, you can also check the user manual of your smartwatch to know your SIM card slot.
- Check the SIM cards that you want to insert on your smartwatch 3G or 4G. Consider choosing a 4G-enabled SIM card, because with this SIM you will be able to stream video fast and even upload video fast.
- Another essential thing is SIM card data plans. Basically, SIM cards come with two plans. One is the contract plan and the other is the PAYG plan. However, try to take a data plan for at least 12 months. If you are not trying to contract, PAYG is ideal for you.
- Finally, the most important thing, you should turn off your watch before inserting the SIM card. You must switch it on after accurately inserted.
Process Of Inserting SIM Card For Smartwatch
Before activating the SIM card, you have to properly insert it on your smartwatch. First, you need to know where the SIM slot is located, maximum smartwatch located at the backside. Once you find the spot, you need a screwdriver-like watch repair kit to remove the rear panel of your smartwatch. After that insert the SIM card into the SIM slot where the golden chip is facing downwards. Then, place the screws and close the back panel.
If the SIM slot is located on the side panel of the smartwatch, Simply open the lid or rubber that covers the SIM slot. Push the SIM card on the shelf facing upwards on the SIM card slot until it is attached to the slot. Once completed, close the lid or rubber by push. After completing the entire above, turn on the smartwatch and it will show the connectivity of the network connection. If network availability doesn’t appear, you may contact your specialist co-op.
How to Activate a SIM Card for Smartwatch?
When you have done inserting the SIM card properly on the smartwatch, you just need to activate the SIM card. To assist you in this matter, below we have described How to Activate SIM Card for Smartwatch.
Step 1: Verify Compatibility
First of all, you need to download the application on your device that is compatible with your smartwatch. This application will connect your smartwatch with your smartphones. So, you have to assure the application is compatible with your smartwatch or not.
Step 2: Download the Application
Once you have verified the compatibility of your application, go to the apps store and download the appropriate application. Notable, accept the terms and conditions of the app then take a few steps to download it.
Step 3: ESIM Link & Enter SIM Card Details
Afterward, you have to communicate with your service provider and ask for the eSIM connectivity that he would supply you. When you have the eSIM link, you are required to copy-paste the provided link on your smartphone browser. Once the browser opens, you have to insert SIM card details and accept terms and conditions.
Step 4: OTP Code
Now the browser takes you to the OTP section automatically, after entering the details. In this section, you have to put a six-digit OTP code which will be transferred to your smartwatch.
Step 5: Activation Completed
Once you have inserted the code properly, you are ready to go. Restart the smartwatch to finish the process, because some smartwatches may require you to restart the device. Once the SIM card is activated on your smartwatch, you should assure that your device is completely charged. This way, you can prevent the dilemma of disrupting the entire process.
The activation of a SIM card is very essential for a smartwatch. Therefore, before activating the SIM card, you have to ensure your smartwatch is fully charged to prevent disruption of the entire process. Since the smartwatch is worn on the wrist, you will be able to do all activities like a mobile phone. All you need to do is follow some steps to insert and activation process your smartphone properly.
I’ve discussed How to Activate SIM Card for Smartwatch along with how to insert a SIM card in smartwatches. Once you activate the SIM card, you can manage calls on your smartwatch without interacting with your smartphone. Expectantly, this content will make it easy for you to insert and activate the SIM card of your smartwatch.