A hunter or an outdoorsman can get lost in the woods anytime. But a hunter with a GPS watch finds the way he may lose easily. So, if you are someone who loves to make hunting trips frequently and it blends with your blood, then you need nothing but the best GPS watch for hunting. It will help you be the pro hunter as well.
To make your next hunting trip successful and meaningful, you need a watch that has GPS. Depending on your requirements, you need to choose one that will best suit your needs. In this article, we are going to share these GPS watches that are worth purchasing.
Are Gps Watches Safe?
GPS watches are safe. These GPS watches allow you to monitor your child’s safety with the smartwatch’s child-tracking features. Also, you can even talk to your children via the smart watch. The GPS watches feature to take pictures as well because of having the watch’s camera.
Also, wearing GPS watches is not likely harmful to your health. But you have to keep an eye on the smart watch because of your real privacy and security concern. Most GPS watches can collect and transmit data through a wireless connection.
Table of content:
The following table of content will show you a quick glimpse of our prioritized GPS watch for hunting. It will help you understand what we have covered in this article.
- 7 Best GPS Watch For Hunting Reviews 2021
- 1. Casio Men’s”Pro Trek” Outdoor GPS Resin Sports Watch
- 2. SUUNTO Ambit3 Peak HR Running GPS Unit
- 3. Garmin Instinct, Rugged Outdoor Watch with GPS
- 4. Garmin Fenix 6X Pro Black with Black Band, Premium Multisport GPS Watch
- 5. Suunto Traverse Alpha
- 6. Garmin Instinct, Rugged Outdoor Watch with GPS
- 7. Suunto Traverse Alpha
- What To Consider Before Buying A GPS Watch For Hunting?
After selecting the 7 best GPS watches, we have compared them with each other so that you can better understand. Also, if you don’t have enough time to go through the whole article, you can have a quick look at the chart as well.
Casio Men’s”Pro Trek” Outdoor GPS Resin Sports Watch
SUUNTO Ambit3 Peak HR Running GPS Unit
Garmin Instinct, Rugged Outdoor Watch with GPS
Garmin Fenix 6X Pro Black with Black Band, Premium Multisport GPS Watch
Suunto Traverse Alpha
Garmin Instinct, Rugged Outdoor Watch with GPS
Suunto Traverse Alpha
7 Best GPS Watch For Hunting Reviews 2021
At the end of our extended-period of research, we have enough experience reviewing these GPS watches here. We do hope and believe that you will end up selecting one that will best suit you. So, read on to the end so that you can get your desired one.
1. Casio Men’s”Pro Trek” Outdoor GPS Resin Sports Watch
Casio Outdoor GPS Watch comes with military-grade 810G construction. Therefore, it is durable and long-lasting. Under 50 meter water, it can withstand and is water-resistant. So, it is ideal for short recreational swimming.
Its digital compass allows you to trace the terrain and find tracks comfortably. The smart watch also comes with Altimeter and Barometer. Therefore, you can easily predict the weather condition. This best budget GPS watch also has an activity tracker that benefits you to track your previous terrain and stress and activity.
The smartwatch comes with a Dual Layer LCD structure, enabling you to monitor your present location in multiple formats. Its microphone allows you to make a conversation with your near and dear ones directly. It comes with limited app functionality just for the iPhone.
Casio Outdoor GPS Watch Features:
- The GPS watch comes with Google’s operating system and meets the military standard 810G for its durability and longevity.
- Its digital compass allows you to accurately position and tracks the heavy tree’s direction if you lose yourself.
- The smart watch comes with a Barometer, enabling you to predict the weather condition; therefore, you can be alert to the weather.
- The activity tracker of the smartwatch helps you to monitor and track your activity and stress. Also, it allows you to track the previous terrain.
- The device is water-resistant, and it can withstand under 50 meters and ideal for recreational swimming. But it is not good for diving and snorkeling.
2. SUUNTO Ambit3 Peak HR Running GPS Unit
SUUNTO Ambit3 GPS watch comes with the most stable and accurate altitude and weather forecast. Also, the smart watch provides you with full navigation for the robust casting as well. The device’s built-in barometer allows you to understand what will happen within a few minutes or hours in the case of weather.
The compass and GPS allow its users to track the location accurately. Therefore, if you lose yourself in the wilderness, if you have a Suunto smart watch, chances are you can find the right direction with the help of the compass and GPS easily. It is durable and water-resistant and can work under 100-meter water.
The smart watch’s battery is one of the most durable and long-lasting; therefore, it allows you to use the smartwatch for 200 hours continuously. Its polyamide case material has made the construction of the smart watch sturdy. If you want to sync your activity, you can connect your smartphone to the smartwatch to get notifications, including calls, texts, and so forth.
SUUNTO Ambit3 gps watch Features:
- For the most stable and accurate altitude and weather forecasting, nothing can beat the Suunto smartwatch.
- Its built-in barometer allows you to foresee the weather condition; therefore, you can take the necessary steps to keep yourself safe.
- The smart watch’s compass and GPS allow you to find the ways even you lose yourself in the forest.
- The GPS watch is water-resistant and can withstand the depth of water under 100 meters.
- It comes with the most long-lasting battery, allowing you to use the smartwatch for 200 hours continuously.
- In the case of syncing, you can connect the smartwatch with your phone, and therefore, you can sync your activity and photos.
3. Garmin Instinct, Rugged Outdoor Watch with GPS
Garmin Instinct smartwatch comes with rugged GPS watch construction. Therefore, it can withstand the worst environments, whether it is rain or shine. The smartwatch has been constructed following the military standard 810G for thermal. That’s why; it is shock and water resistance, and it can work properly under 100 meters in the water.
It comes with GPS, Glonass, and Galileo support, which helps you track in the most difficult environments. Its built-in 3 axis compass allows you to navigate the right direction and path. Also, it comes with a built-in barometer to help you predict the weather condition in the near future.
The smart watch can monitor your heart rate, stress, and activity. Therefore, it is one of the most convenient Garmin hunting GPS watch out there in the market. You can track and review your activity and can proceed accordingly. Its preloaded activity feature benefits you to follow the previous profiles.
Garmin Instinct smart watch Features:
- The smart watch is constructed, maintaining mil-grade 810G; therefore, it becomes sturdy and longevity. It is a proper shock and water resistance.
- Its built-in 3 axis compass allows you to track and find the way you want to direct if you lose yourself in the heavy forest.
- The device’s multiple global navigation satellite system allows you to track the woods’ most difficult environment.
- The smart watch’s Tracback feature allows its users to navigate the way you have passed to direct you to the starting point.
- The smart watch has a longer battery life, and it can last up to 14 days, 16 hours, and 40 hours in smart watch mode, GPS mode, and followed by ultra-trace battery saver mode.
4. Garmin Fenix 6X Pro Black with Black Band, Premium Multisport GPS Watch
Garmin Fenix smart watch comes with a big 1.4-inch sunlight-readable display, which allows you to read your watch when it is too shiny in daylight. Its bezels in stainless steel and titanium coating have made the smart watch durable, long-lasting and sturdy.
It comes with sensors that benefit you to track your heart rate. The smart watch can track other medical condition of your body. Yes, with the smart watch, you can measure pulse rate and blood oxygen saturation to help you keep an eye on these things.
The best value GPS watch comes with an advanced training feature, which includes PacePro to adjust pace guidance when your activity period with VO2 max adjusted. The device also comes with a Telex Power Bank that enables you to use it in battery charge draining.
Garmin Fenix smart watch Features:
- The smart watch has a big 1.4 sunlight-readable display, which allows you to read the smart watch in daylight.
- The smart watch sensors allow you to accurately track your heart rate considering your activity and metrics tracked by the device.
- The smart watch can also monitor and gauge your blood oxygen saturation, supporting your advanced sleep observation.
- PacePro feature of the smart watch allows you to track your activity and the VO2 max for your training status calculation.
- The smart watch has Telex Power Bank, which enables you to use the watch when the battery’s charge is drained completely.
5. Suunto Traverse Alpha
Suunto Traverse Alpha has featured a rugged and knurled stainless steel; therefore, it is sturdy, durable, and long-lasting. The smart watch comes with a premium scratch resistance glass to use the GPS watch in any conditions, including climbing the mountains, hunting, fishing, and so forth.
The smart watch also comes with automatic shot detection technology that helps you keep track of your previous shoot. Not only that, its GPS allows you to locate and view the shot and terrain you have passed for later viewing. The automatic bredcrumb trail of the best GPS watch for hunting and hiking helps you track your previous path to return to the starting point.
The smart device comes with the location-based moon phase calendar to provide you the best time for hunting and fishing. This feature helps you understand the moon rise and moon set times to understand which time is accurate for hunting and fishing.
Suunto Traverse Alpha Features:
- Suunto Traverse is water resistance and can withstand against 100-meter depth in the water without any issues.
- Its sapphire crystal lens allows you to use the smart watch in any environment, whether it is rough, hard, and so forth because it is scratch resistance.
- The smart watch has different battery lives, meaning it can run 14 days in time mode followed by 10 hours, 15 hours, and 100 hours in GPS mode.
- Its GPS and Glonass via SiRFStarV chip allow you to locate your location easily and find your direction with ease.
- With the smart watch’s Bluetooth feature, you can connect it to your smartphone and get notifications of text, calls, etc.
6. Garmin Instinct, Rugged Outdoor Watch with GPS
Garmin Instinct GPS watch has been built to withstand the worst situations. It is built with rugged GPS so that it can stand out in the crowd. In comparison with other GPS watches out there in the market, Garmin Instinct is considered to be the best affordable GPS watch. Because its features are worth its price.
The smart watch’s military-grade construction following 810G thermal makes it durable and sturdy. It is also properly shock and water resistance and can work appropriately under a 100-meter depth of water. The built-in 3 axis compass allows you to navigate the direction and find ways using the compass pretty well.
Global navigation satellite system, including GPS, Glonass, and Galileo, allows you to track and find a more complicated environment that only GPS may not be able to track. You can monitor your heart rate, stress, and activity with the device. Its preloaded activity profiles will help you to train according to the previous data.
Garmin Instinct GPS Watch Features:
- The smartwatch comes with a TracBack feature, enabling you to navigate the previous route to return to the starting point.
- The device has been constructed following military-grade 810G; therefore, it is more durable, sturdy, water-resistant, and shock resistance.
- Its built-in 3 axis compass and barometric altimeter allow you to find the direction perfectly and predict the weather condition.
- Multiple global navigation satellite, including GPS, Glonass, and Galileo, helps you track and trace the most difficult terrains.
- By connecting with your smart phone, you can get connected and receive notifications of text, calls, and so forth.
7. Suunto Traverse Alpha
Suunto Traverse Alpha is an ideal hunting GPS watch for hunting and fishing. It is durable, and it comes with a water repellent nylon strap, which will not damage the water. The smartwatch has a premium scratch-resistant glass; therefore, you can use the smartwatch in any situation.
It comes with the automatic shot detection feature, which benefits you to track your previous shot. It can also map the GPS coordinating your location so that you can view these previous shoots later. Its automatic bredcrumb trail allows you to find your way back by tracking with the GPS.
Suunto traverse alpha hunting & fishing watch comes with the location-based moon phase calendar, which allows you to monitor the moon rise and set. Therefore, it benefits you to understand the best time for you to hunt or fish in the wilderness.
Suunto Traverse Alpha Features:
- Suunto smartwatch comes with rugged, knurled stainless steel to provide you a durable, sturdy, and water resistance GPS watch.
- Its sapphire crystal lens protects the smart watch from any scratching; therefore, it keeps crystal clear to read out anything.
- The device comes with GPS, Glonass, and Galileo, which help you locate your present location and find the right direction.
- Its Bluetooth feature enables you to connect the smart watch to your phone so that you can get connected and never miss any notifications.
- The smart watch has longer battery life to use it 14 days in time mode, 10/15/100 hours in GPS mode.
What To Consider Before Buying A GPS Watch For Hunting?
Before buying a GPS watch, as a buyer, you need to consider several different things. Otherwise, you will end up purchasing a GPS watch that may not suit you. Don’t worry; in this article, we will tell you the exact things you need to know before buying the best GPS watch for hunting. So, let’s get started!
When you are in the woods, you need to utilize the feature of the smart watch’s GPS most. It will help you to find and go in the right direction. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about losing yourself in the forest. If you sometimes come across a heavy tree and cannot find the way you just have passed, a GPS watch will help you to find out the track and trace the way to direct you to the starting point.
It is one of the most important features of a smart watch for hunting. A barometer allows you to predict and analyze the weather condition. As a result, you can take proper steps to save you from any bad weather conditions. Maybe, there is the possibility of rain or storm. In this situation, a barometer will assist you in understanding the weather condition.
Waterproof, water and scratch resistance
Your smart watch should be waterproof and have the capability of fully submerged in water. Many smart watches come with the feature of submerging under a 100-meter depth of water. This feature allows you to utilize your watch even while diving.
At the same time, the GPS watch should be scratch resistance because it is a big factor to read the watch anytime. The build of the glass should be crystal and can withstand any environment. Therefore, you can see the time, weather conditions, notifications, and so forth.
You should consider the battery life of your smart GPS watch. Maybe, you are heading off for a multi-day trip. In this case, battery life is important, and it should be robust. Depending on your requirements, you have to consider battery life.
It is an important feature your watch should have. Different smart watches come with different battery life. You need a minimum of 14 days battery life in smart watch mode and up to 15 hours in GPS mode.
The sunrise and sunset feature allows you to realize how many hours you have for hunting. Because some states do not allow you to hunt after sunset. In this case, a GPS smart watch with the sunset and sunrise features help you head back to your tent, getting informed by your smart watch’s feature. Also, it helps you to calculate whether you should go ahead further or not.
Note: Apart from the GPS watch for hunting, we have just published another article on how to choose a smartwatch you may readout.
Why Should You Buy A GPS Watch For Hunting?
You should buy a GPS watch for hunting for several reasons. If you want to become a pro hunter, you must need a GPS watch. It will help you in many ways.
- A GPS watch will allow you to track and find the previous way to return and new terrains if stuck in the heavy woods.
- Having military-grade 810G construction, a most GPS watch is durable, waterproof, and water-resistant. Therefore, it can work under a 100-meter depth of water.
- You need a GPS watch if you want to hunt seamlessly. Having a barometer feature it allows you to predict the weather condition so that you can keep safe.
- GPS, Glonuss, and Galileo features of a GPS watch enable you to track the critical environment which GPS cannot track alone.
- A GPS watch informs you how many hours you have left because of sunrise and sunset functions.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may still have some questions in your mind, right? That’s why; we are going to answer some frequently asked questions. Here they are:
Can GPS watches be traced?
If the data is stored in local storage, you cannot trace GPS watches. But storing data somewhere else can trace GPS watches.
Do GPS watches need Internet?
GPS watches do not require an internet connection because the Global Positioning System uses a chip that looks for the satellite to find your current location.
Do GPS watches have maps?
Yes, GPS watches have maps. Following the maps, you can find your own location and find new terrain depending on it.
Does aluminum foil block GPS signal?
No, aluminum foil does not block GPS signals. Instead, the foil of aluminum can boost the signals of your GPS watches.
A GPS watch is a must for a hunter because it can increase your expertise while you are in the wilderness. So, all the GPS watches we have mentioned here are tested and worth buying. Still, have confusion about which one you need to buy? Let’s recommend the best GPS watch for hunting, and it is Germin Instinct GPS Watch.
It is durable, water and scratch-resistant, and waterproof because of its military-grade 810G construction. The GPS watch’s rugged built allows it to withstand the worst environments. It has a TracBack feature that enables you to navigate the same route you have passed to heading to the starting point.